- 8 ounces whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 2 pounds littleneck or Manila clams, scrubbed
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- calories 276
- fat 4.8 g
- satfat 2.3 g
- monofat 1 g
- polyfat 0.7 g
- cholesterol 32 mg
- protein 18 g
- carbohydrate 44 g
- sugars 1 g
- fiber 4 g
- sodium 208 mg
How to Make It
Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water before draining. Drain pasta and set aside.
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
Add clams, crushed red pepper, lemon juice, and 1/2 cup cooking water; stir gently to combine. Cover and simmer until clams open and release their juices, about 6 minutes. Use tongs to transfer clams to a bowl.
Add cooked pasta and parmesan to the skillet with sauce. Cook, tossing, 3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Divide into 4 shallow bowls and serve.