Spaghetti alla Carbonara
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 8 ounce(s) dry spaghetti
- 2 tablespoon(s) extravirgin olive oil
- flat leaf parsley chopped
- 4 clove(s) garlic chopped
- 1 cup(s) grated Parmigiano cheese
- ground pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 4 ounce(s) pancetta or slab bacon sliced
- Cook spaghetti as directed, reserving some of the water used for cooking. Heat olive oil in large skillet if using pancetta. Otherwise cook bacon (without oil) until crisp. Toss the garlic into the fat and cook 1 minute to soften.
- Add hot drained spaghetti to the pan and toss for 2 minutes to coat the strands. Beat the eggs and Parmesan together. Remove the pan from the heat and pour the egg/cheese mixture into the pasta, whisking quickly until the eggs thicken, but do not scramble. Thin out the sauce with a bit of the reserved pasta water until it reaches desired consistency. Season with pepper and salt.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kafaherty1 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note