Oxmoor House AUGUST 2011
1. Preheat oven to 425°.
2. Place first 4 ingredients in a blender; process 15 seconds or until smooth.
3. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic; sauté 30 seconds. Add milk mixture to pan; cook, stirring constantly with a whisk, 5 minutes or until mixture simmers. Cook, stirring constantly with a whisk, 2 minutes or until thick. Remove from heat; stir in cheese, and cover.
4. Place asparagus on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes or until browned, stirring once.
5. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain well.
6. Place pasta and asparagus in a large bowl. Add cheese mixture and oil, tossing well. Serve immediately.
Young Chefs can:
Trim asparagus by breaking off ends
Break uncooked spaghetti into smaller pieces
Older Chefs can:
Help grate and measure
Stir together pasta, asparagus, cheese mixture, and oil
Go to full version of