Spaghetti Alfredo with Roasted Asparagus
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 317
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 9.1g
- Saturated fat: 3.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 14.7g
- Carbohydrate: 46.5g
- Fiber: 10.2g
- Cholesterol: 14mg
- Iron: 3.2mg
- Sodium: 394mg
- Calcium: 131mg
- 2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 1/3 cup (3 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces (about 2 1/2 cups)
- Cooking spray
- 16 ounces uncooked whole-wheat spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°.
- 2. Place first 4 ingredients in a blender; process 15 seconds or until smooth.
- 3. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic; sauté 30 seconds. Add milk mixture to pan; cook, stirring constantly with a whisk, 5 minutes or until mixture simmers. Cook, stirring constantly with a whisk, 2 minutes or until thick. Remove from heat; stir in cheese, and cover.
- 4. Place asparagus on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 10 minutes or until browned, stirring once.
- 5. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain well.
- 6. Place pasta and asparagus in a large bowl. Add cheese mixture and oil, tossing well. Serve immediately.
- Young Chefs can:
- Trim asparagus by breaking off ends
- Break uncooked spaghetti into smaller pieces
- Older Chefs can:
- Help grate and measure
- Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Stir together pasta, asparagus, cheese mixture, and oil
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes