My kids love this sandwich and this is my second time making it. Fun for week night dinners.
Soy-Marinated Pork Sandwiches
More From Cooking Light
Total: 30 Minutes
- Calories: 279
- Fat: 7.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Protein: 22.3g
- Carbohydrate: 32.3g
- Fiber: 4.4g
- Cholesterol: 55mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 443mg
- Calcium: 73mg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 2 teaspoons sambal oelek (ground fresh chile paste) or 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 12 ounces pork tenderloin, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 cup shaved carrot
- 1/4 cup (1-inch) diagonally cut green onions
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 4 (1 1/2-ounce) whole-wheat hamburger buns
- Soba Noodle Salad
- 1. Combine first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add pork to bowl; toss well to coat. Let pork mixture stand at room temperature 15 minutes.
- 2. Preheat broiler to high.
- 3. While pork marinates, combine vinegar, 1 teaspoon canola oil, and granulated sugar in a medium bowl; stir with a whisk. Add carrot, onions, and cilantro; toss to coat.
- 4. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add remaining 1 teaspoon canola oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add pork to pan; cook 3 minutes or until done, turning occasionally.
- 5. While pork cooks, place buns on a baking sheet, cut sides up. Broil 1 minute or until lightly toasted. Top bottom halves of buns evenly with pork. Divide carrot mixture evenly among servings. Cover sandwiches with top halves of buns.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note