Hakka-style Soy-Glazed Vegetables deliver four different vegetables while offering a highly flavored accompaniment to your favorite noodle bowl.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 109
- Calories from fat: 43%
- Protein: 2.3g
- Fat: 5.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Carbohydrate: 15g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Sodium: 298mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 pound baby bok choy, stems chopped and leaves separated
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced thinly diagonally
- 1 1/2 cups sliced red bell pepper
- 8 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup mushroom or vegetable broth
- 1. Heat a wok or large frying pan over high heat. Add 2 tbsp. oil and swirl wok to coat. Cook bok choy stems and carrots, stirring often until starting to soften, about 3 minutes. Add red pepper and cook another 2 minutes. Transfer mixture to a bowl.
- 2. Return wok to heat and add remaining 1 tbsp. oil. Add bok choy leaves and mushrooms. Cook, stirring once or twice to prevent burning, until leaves are starting to soften, about 2 minutes more. Add remaining ingredients and reserved vegetables, stirring to combine.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note