Soy-Glazed Shrimp Kebabs
Yield: 8 kebabs
Cost per Serving: $2.26
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 272
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Protein: 27g
- Carbohydrate: 10g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 160mg
- Sodium: 913mg
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 12 slices bacon (about 8 oz.)
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 ounces snow peas, strings removed
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- Combine apple juice, soy sauce, vinegar and sugar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until thickened and syrupy, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- While glaze is cooking, preheat oven to 400°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and place a cooling rack on top. Lay bacon in one layer on top of cooling rack and roast for 15 minutes. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate to cool.
- Working with 4 slices of bacon at a time, stack them and cut into 8 one-inch squares. (You should end up with 24 stacks of 4 layers, or 3 stacks per skewer.)
- Preheat broiler or prepare a charcoal fire and let burn to a gray ash. Thread shrimp onto 8 long metal skewers, alternating with snow peas, peppers and stacks of bacon.
- Set broiling pan or grill about 6 inches from heat source. Brush each skewer with soy glaze and broil or grill, turning often, until shrimp is pink throughout and bacon is browned and sizzling, about 7 minutes. Serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers