This is a good dish for a crowd. I say that because the sauce takes a while to reduce so it won't be your quick fish for a weekday. But the flavor was great with both salty and sweet. I would say don't broil for over a minute at the end though or you risk burning the edges.
Flavor fresh salmon fillets with a simple glaze made from soy sauce, honey, and garlic. Bake, drizzle with reserved glaze, and top with a sprinkling of sesame seeds for a quick and easy salmon dinner.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 347
- Calories from fat: 49%
- Protein: 33g
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated fat: 3.6g
- Carbohydrate: 11g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Sodium: 1051mg
- Cholesterol: 90mg
- 1 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon finely minced garlic
- 4 pieces (about 6 oz. each) salmon fillet (see notes), skin on
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1. In a 1- to 2-quart pan, mix soy sauce, honey, and garlic. Stir often over medium-high heat until glaze is reduced by about a third, 7 to 10 minutes.
- 2. Pour 3 tablespoons glaze into a small bowl and reserve. Pour remainder into a shallow 2- to 3-quart baking dish. Set salmon pieces in dish, skin side up; let stand 15 minutes. Turn salmon pieces over.
- 3. Bake in a 450° oven until salmon has turned opaque at the edges but is still translucent in the center (cut to test), 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven.
- 4. Increase oven heat to broil. Brush salmon evenly with about half the reserved glaze and sprinkle evenly with sesame seeds. Broil 6 inches from heat until sesame seeds are toasted and salmon is opaque but still moist-looking in center of thickest part (cut to test), 2 to 3 minutes.
- 5. Drizzle salmon with remaining reserved glaze. Use a wide spatula to transfer pieces to plates.
We like to use wild Pacific salmon. It has a richer flavor than farmed salmon, doesn't require chemical color additives and antibiotics, and is environmentally friendly. (The Alaska salmon fishery is especially well managed, and the fish are abundant.)
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This