1. Rub salmon with about 1 T brown sugar. Lightly sprinkle with lemon pepper and garlic powder, rub seasoning into fish.
2. Into a smal saucepan set over medium heat, pour soy sauce and olive oil. Stir in ginger and remaining brown sugar, lemon pepper, and garlic powder. Bring to a gentle simmer, stirring constantly until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat, stir in orange juice.
3. Place fish and marinade into resealable bag, seal and refrigerate overnight or 3 hours.
4. Preheat broiler. Place fish in a foil-lined baking pan. Reserve marinade.
5. Broil fish skin-side up, 2 minutes. Remove from oven, pull skin off with tongs. Baste with marinade, return to oven, and broil 2 minutes more. Turn fish, and broil until fish flakes easily, about 4 minutes. Remove from oven, and let site 5 minutes before serving.
Go to full version of