Soy and Ginger Flank Steak
Assembly Time: about 20 minutes; Cooking Time: about 15 minutes. Notes: Thaw overnight (the night before serving, place container of frozen food in the refrigerator). Use the marinade to season corn and red and green bell peppers: Remove steak from 1 bag and add 4 husked corn ears (8 to 9 in. each) and 2 halved and seeded bell peppers (1 lb. total) to marinade. Mix, lift out vegetables, and cook on grill beside steak, turning occasionally, until slightly browned, about 10 minutes.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 347
- Calories from fat: 36%
- Protein: 31g
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 5.7g
- Carbohydrate: 26g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Sodium: 697mg
- Cholesterol: 71mg
- 2 flank steaks (about 1 1/4 lb. each), fat-trimmed
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons dry red wine
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1. Rinse meat and pat dry.
- 2. Put 1 steak in each of 2 plastic freezer bags (1-gal. size). Add 1/2 the ginger, garlic, soy, wine, and honey to each bag. Seal bags, turn to coat meat, and freeze (see Cold Facts below).
- 3. Thaw 1 bag (see notes).
- 4. Lightly oil a barbecue grill over a solid bed of hot coals or high heat on a gas grill (you can hold your hand at grill level only 2 to 3 seconds). Lift steak from bag; save marinade (see notes). Lay meat on grill. Close lid on gas grill. Cook, turning once, until as done as you like, about 15 minutes for medium-rare (slightly pink in center; cut in thickest part to check).
- 5. Transfer steak to a board and cut crosswise into thin slices.
- Cold Facts. Packaging: freezer bags. If ingredients include liquid, set each plastic freezer bag upright in a bowl, then fill. Squeeze out all air and seal bag. For better protection of frozen foods during storage, seal each bag inside a second one. Lay bags flat in freezer until solid so they will stack.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note