Pretty tasty! Served with a salad and dinner was done!
Soy Citrus Scallops with Soba Noodles
Entertain dinner guests with a flavorful scallop supper, served on a bed of tender noodles. Steamed peas vinaigrette round out the plate.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 20 Minutes
- Calories: 315
- Fat: 4.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.5g
- Protein: 28g
- Carbohydrate: 42.7g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Cholesterol: 37mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 653mg
- Calcium: 41mg
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon chili garlic sauce (such as Lee Kum Kee)
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil, divided
- 1 pound large sea scallops
- 4 cups hot cooked soba (about 6 ounces uncooked buckwheat noodles)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1. Combine first 6 ingredients and 1 teaspoon oil in a shallow baking dish; add scallops to dish in a single layer. Marinate 4 minutes on each side.
- 2. Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Remove scallops from dish, reserving marinade. Add scallops to pan; sauté 1 minute on each side or until almost done. Remove scallops from pan; keep warm. Place remaining marinade in pan; bring to a boil. Return scallops to pan; cook 1 minute. Toss noodles with salt and green onions. Place 1 cup noodle mixture on each of 4 plates. Top each serving with about 3 scallops, and drizzle with 1 tablespoon sauce.
- Steamed peas vinaigrette: Steam 1 cup snow peas and 1 cup trimmed sugar snap peas, covered, 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Combine with 1/3 cup thinly sliced radishes. Combine 1 tablespoon rice vinegar, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 2 teaspoons canola oil, 1 1/2 teaspoons mirin, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt; stir with a whisk. Pour over peas mixture; toss.
This recipe appeared in The New Way to Cook Light (2012) and in the November, 2012 25th anniversary issue.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes