Soy-Balsamic Roasted Chicken With Rosemary
Total Time: 1 Hour
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/4 cup(s) balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup(s) soy sauce
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/4 cup(s) honey
- black pepper
- 3 1/2-4 pound(s) chicken, cut into 10 pieces
- 8 shallots, peeled
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1. Heat oven to 425 deg. Combine vinegar, soy sauce, rosemary, honey and 1/2 tsp pepper in a a 9X13" or another shallow 3-quart baking dish. Add the chicken, turn to coat, and place SKIN SIDE down.
- 2. Toss the shallots with the oil in a medium bowl and arrange on top of the chicken.
- 3. Roast the chicken for 30 minutes. Turn the pieces skin side up and continue to roast, basting occasionally, until the shallots are tender, the chicken is glazed, and a thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the thigh register 165 deg, 15-20 min more. (tent the dish loosely with foil if the chicken browns too quickly).
- TIP: this soy sauce-vinegar mixture works as a flavorful marinade, too. Try it on steak, pork or shrimp.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by 22Janet and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Soy-Balsamic Roasted Chicken With Rosemary Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes