I made this for my husband and I and it is fabulous and quite easy to make. I used a store-bought rotisserie chicken that I shredded for 3 cups, sliced the onion and used a whole green pepper that I thinly sliced. I used half light and half regular ranch dressing. For the cheese (I forgot to buy co-jack) I used about 2 ounces pepper-jack, 2 ounces reduced fat monterey jack and 4 ounces reduced fat sharp cheddar. I used heaping quarter cups of the filling for each egg roll wrapper and it made 9 wraps. One wrap isn't enough for a serving and 2 is almost too much. Served these with no-fat refried beans and a SW bagged salad.
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chiles
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 (8-ounce) bottle Ranch dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (16-ounce) package egg roll wrappers
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Bring first 7 ingredients to a boil in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring often. Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Spread 1/2 cup tomato sauce mixture in bottom of a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add chopped onion and green bell pepper, and sauté until tender. Remove mixture from heat.
- Stir in chicken, Ranch dressing, and pepper. Spoon about 1/4 cup mixture just below center of each egg roll wrapper. Fold in left and right sides to partially enclose filling; fold up bottom edge, and roll up. Place, seam side down, in baking dish.
- Pour remaining tomato sauce mixture over rolls.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note