I made these for Super Bowl for my husband and I. We really loved them. They felt decadent and delicious. I would eat them even if they were the full fat version. Two giant thumbs up!
Southwestern Turkey-Cheddar Burgers with Grilled Onions
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 395
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 10.7g
- Saturated fat: 4.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 32.8g
- Carbohydrate: 42.6g
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Cholesterol: 54mg
- Iron: 3.4mg
- Sodium: 853mg
- Calcium: 211mg
- 3/4 cup finely chopped Maui or other sweet onion
- 1/3 cup wheat germ
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ancho chile powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey breast
- Cooking spray
- 4 ounces extrasharp cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
- 6 (1/2-inch-thick) slices Maui or other sweet onion
- 6 (2-ounce) Kaiser rolls, split
- 6 tablespoons Chipotle-Poblano Ketchup
- Prepare grill.
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl. Divide mixture into 6 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty.
- Place patties on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 5 minutes. Turn patties over; grill 2 minutes. Divide cheese evenly over patties; grill an additional 5 minutes or until a thermometer registers 165°. Remove from grill; let stand 5 minutes.
- Place onion slices on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes on each side or until browned and tender.
- Place rolls, cut sides down, on grill rack; grill 1 minute or until toasted. Place 1 patty on bottom half of each roll; top each serving with 1 onion slice, 1 tablespoon Chipotle-Poblano Ketchup, and top half of roll.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This