- 3/4 cup finely chopped Maui or other sweet onion
- 1/3 cup wheat germ
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ancho chile powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey breast
- Cooking spray
- 4 ounces extrasharp cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
- 6 (1/2-inch-thick) slices Maui or other sweet onion
- 6 (2-ounce) Kaiser rolls, split
- 6 tablespoons Chipotle-Poblano Ketchup
- calories 395
- caloriesfromfat 24 %
- fat 10.7 g
- satfat 4.8 g
- monofat 2.5 g
- polyfat 1.6 g
- protein 32.8 g
- carbohydrate 42.6 g
- fiber 3.3 g
- cholesterol 54 mg
- iron 3.4 mg
- sodium 853 mg
- calcium 211 mg
How to Make It
Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl. Divide mixture into 6 equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty.
Place patties on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 5 minutes. Turn patties over; grill 2 minutes. Divide cheese evenly over patties; grill an additional 5 minutes or until a thermometer registers 165°. Remove from grill; let stand 5 minutes.
Place onion slices on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes on each side or until browned and tender.
Place rolls, cut sides down, on grill rack; grill 1 minute or until toasted. Place 1 patty on bottom half of each roll; top each serving with 1 onion slice, 1 tablespoon Chipotle-Poblano Ketchup, and top half of roll.