- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 large ripe avocado, chopped
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tomato, chopped
- Salsa (optional)
- Combine flour, Parmesan cheese, 1 tablespoon cilantro, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; cut in shortening with a pastry blender or fork until crumbly. Add 1/4 cup water, 1 tablespoon at a time, and stir with a fork until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Shape dough into a ball, and press into a 4-inch circle over heavy-duty plastic wrap. Cover with more plastic wrap, and chill 15 minutes.
- Roll dough, covered with plastic wrap, into an 11-inch circle. Remove plastic wrap, and fit dough into a 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Line pastry with aluminum foil, and fill with pie weights or dried beans.
- Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Remove weights and foil; bake 4 to 5 more minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add eggs, green onions, cumin, and remaining 1 tablespoon cilantro and 1/4 teaspoon salt, beating until blended. Spread evenly over crust.
- Bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes.
- Toss together avocado and lime juice. Spread pie with 1/2 cup sour cream, and sprinkle with Cheddar cheese, avocado, and tomato. Serve with salsa, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes