Southwestern Summer Salad
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 537
- Fat: 35g
- Saturated fat: 14g
- Protein: 22g
- Carbohydrate: 40g
- Fiber: 15g
- Cholesterol: 65mg
- Sodium: 105mg
- 2 ears fresh corn, kernels removed, or 1 cup frozen corn, thawed (5 oz.)
- 6 ounces pepperoni or Spanish chorizo, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Salt and pepper
- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed, dried and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 (15.5 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (10 oz.) package grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 avocado, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add corn and cook until crisp-tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to an ice-water bath to stop cooking. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium skillet, cook pepperoni pieces over medium heat until browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain and cool. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, mix lettuce, corn, pepperoni, black beans, tomatoes and avocado. Distribute evenly among 4 plates. Offer sour cream dressing on the side. Serve with tortilla strips (see below) and corn bread, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note