- 2 ears fresh corn, kernels removed, or 1 cup frozen corn, thawed (5 oz.)
- 6 ounces pepperoni or Spanish chorizo, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Salt and pepper
- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed, dried and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 (15.5 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (10 oz.) package grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 avocado, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- calories 537
- fat 35 g
- satfat 14 g
- protein 22 g
- carbohydrate 40 g
- fiber 15 g
- cholesterol 65 mg
- sodium 105 mg
How to Make It
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add corn and cook until crisp-tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to an ice-water bath to stop cooking. Drain and set aside.
In a medium skillet, cook pepperoni pieces over medium heat until browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain and cool. Set aside.
In a small bowl, combine sour cream and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, mix lettuce, corn, pepperoni, black beans, tomatoes and avocado. Distribute evenly among 4 plates. Offer sour cream dressing on the side. Serve with tortilla strips (see below) and corn bread, if desired.