- 1 pound chorizo, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 3 to 4 serrano chile peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup bourbon*
- Skillet Cornbread, crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound frozen peeled crawfish tails, thawed
- 1/2 pound fresh lump crabmeat
- 1 (12-ounce) container fresh oysters, drained
How to Make It
Brown sausage in a nonstick skillet over medium heat; drain well on paper towels. Set sausage aside.
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add onion and next 4 ingredients, and saute until tender. Add bourbon. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
Combine chorizo, vegetable mixture, cornbread, and remaining ingredients; toss gently.
Spoon mixture into a lightly greased
13- x 9-inch baking dish. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
*1/4 cup chicken broth may be substituted.