Southwestern Stuffed Peppers
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) long grain white rice
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 6 scallions thinly sliced, white & green parts separated
- 1.2 pound(s) ground beef chuck
- 1 cup(s) frozen corn
- 1 ounce(s) 4.5 can chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 4 ounce(s) monterey jack (1 cup) grated
- 4 large bell peppers halved lengthwide,ribs & seeds removed
- 1/2 cup(s) plain low fat greek yogurt
- salsa for serving
- 1. Heat oven to 375 dgrees. Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- 2. Heat the oil in a large skillet over med-high heat. Add the scallion whites and beef and cook, breaking the beff up with a spoon, until no longer pink, 3-5 mins. Stir in the corn, chilies, cumin, cooked rice, 1/2 cup of the Monterey Jack, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp black pepper.
- 3. Arrange the bell peppers, cut side up, in a 9X13 inch baking dish or pan. Divide the beef mixture among the bell peppers, add 1/2 cup water to the dish, tightly cover the dish with foil, and bake until the bell peppers are soft, 30-40 mins. Uncover, sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup of Monterey Jack, and bake until browned, 5-7 mins more.
- 4. In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt and 1/4 cup water. Drizzle over the bell peppers and top with the salsa and scallion greens.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by LMStone61 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Southwestern Stuffed Peppers Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes