Southwestern Stuffed Peppers
Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) Long-grain white rice
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 6 Scallions Thinly sliced, white and green parts separated
- 8 ounce(s) Ground turkey
- 1 cup(s) Frozen Corn
- 4 1/2 ounce(s) Chopped green chiles
- 4 ounce(s) Reduced fat Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 Large red bell peppers Halved lengthwise, seeded
- 1/2 cup(s) Plain low fat yogurt
- Heat oven to 375. Cook rice according to directions.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat add the scallion whites and ground turkey cook until turkey is no longer pink, breaking turkey meat as it cooks. (3-5 min)
- Stir in the corn, chiles, cumin, cooked rice, 2oz Monterrey Jack salt & pepper
- Put red peppers in 9-by-13 baking dish, cut side up. Divide turkey mixture among the bell peppers, add 1/2 cup water to dish, cover tightly with foil and bake until peppers are soft (30 - 40 min)
- Uncover, sprinkle with remaining Monterey Jack and bake uncovered 5 - 7 minutes until browned.
- In a small bowl, whisk together yogurt and 1/4 cup of water. Drizzle over peppers. Top with green scallions and salsa
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Billiez and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Southwestern Stuffed Peppers Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes