Grilled Southwestern Shrimp Salad with Lime-Cumin Dressing
We tested this recipe with peeled and deveined shrimp. Whether you have your fishmonger peel and devein them or if you do it yourself, you'll need to start with 1 pound of unpeeled shrimp.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 266
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 11.2g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.7g
- Protein: 21.4g
- Carbohydrate: 24g
- Fiber: 5.9g
- Cholesterol: 129mg
- Iron: 3.8mg
- Sodium: 404mg
- Calcium: 90mg
- 3/4 pound peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 ears corn
- Cooking spray
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into 8 wedges
- Lime-Cumin Dressing
- 1 cup diced peeled avocado (1 small)
- 1. Prepare grill.
- 2. Sprinkle shrimp evenly with chili powder. Remove husks from corn; scrub silks from corn. Place corn on a grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 12 minutes, turning occasionally. Add shrimp to grill rack after 6 minutes; grill 3 minutes on each side. Cut kernels from ears of corn. Discard cobs.
- 3. Combine shrimp, corn, lettuce, and tomato in a large bowl; drizzle with Lime-Cumin Dressing, and toss well. Add avocado; toss gently. Serve immediately.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note