Southwestern Shrimp Caesar Salad
Howard L. Puckett
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 1 (10-ounce) package torn romaine lettuce
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Chili Croutons
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; set aside.
- Process olive oil and next 9 ingredients in a blender until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Add cheese, and process until blended.
- Just before serving, pour dressing over salad mixture, tossing to coat. Divide salad mixture among 4 individual plates or containers. Sprinkle evenly with Chili Croutons.
- Note: If preferred, substitute 1 pound baked or grilled chicken breast slices for the shrimp.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads