Southwestern Salad Bar
The whole family will have fun putting together their own salads. This lineup has something for everyone—even baby!
Yield: 8 adult servings
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 411
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 12.7g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 4.2g
- Protein: 32g
- Carbohydrate: 45.9g
- Fiber: 11.3g
- Cholesterol: 55mg
- Iron: 3.7mg
- Sodium: 822mg
- Calcium: 179mg
- 1 tablespoon fajita seasoning
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (about 4 ears)
- 5 teaspoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2/3 cup chopped red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (7-ounce) bottle roasted red bell peppers, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup diced peeled avocado
- 3/4 cup light ranch dressing
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 12 cups packaged chopped romaine lettuce
- 3 cups chopped skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) preshredded reduced-fat Mexican blend or cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted baked tortilla chips, crumbled (about 2 1/2 ounces)
- 1 cup mango, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1. Cook seasoning in a large saucepan over medium heat 2 minutes or until toasted, stirring frequently. Combine fajita seasoning, corn, 1 tablespoon juice, and cilantro in a medium serving bowl.
- 2. Combine onion and next 3 ingredients in a medium serving bowl. Combine avocado and remaining 2 teaspoons juice in a small serving bowl, tossing gently to coat. Combine dressing and chipotle in a small serving bowl.
- 3. Place lettuce in a large serving bowl. Place chicken in a medium serving bowl. Place cheese, chips, mango, green onions, and radishes in individual serving bowls. Arrange bowls buffet-style, beginning with lettuce and ending with dressing. For each serving: 1 1/2 cups lettuce, 3/4 cup bean mixture, 1/4 cup corn mixture, about 1/3 cup chicken, 3 tablespoons chips, 3 tablespoons cheese, 2 tablespoons mango, 2 tablespoons onions, 1 tablespoon radishes, 1 tablespoon avocado, and 1 1/2 tablespoons dressing.
- For baby: To prepare Southwestern Chicken Dinner for baby, place 1/4 cup chopped cooked chicken, 1/4 cup cubed peeled avocado, 1/4 cup chopped peeled mango, and 1 tablespoon water in a food processor; process until desired consistency. Yield: about 1/2 cup.
- For baby: To prepare Southwestern Bean Mash for baby, place 1/4 cup drained canned black beans, 1/4 cup cubed peeled avocado, 1/4 cup chopped peeled mango, and 1 tablespoon water in a food processor. Process until desired consistency. Yield: about 1/2 cup.
- Kitchen Tip Baby's version can be served as small finger foods instead of processed once he's ready for it.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes