- 1 tablespoon fajita seasoning
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (about 4 ears)
- 5 teaspoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2/3 cup chopped red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (7-ounce) bottle roasted red bell peppers, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup diced peeled avocado
- 3/4 cup light ranch dressing
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 12 cups packaged chopped romaine lettuce
- 3 cups chopped skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) preshredded reduced-fat Mexican blend or cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted baked tortilla chips, crumbled (about 2 1/2 ounces)
- 1 cup mango, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced radishes
- calories 411
- caloriesfromfat 0.0 %
- fat 12.7 g
- satfat 2.5 g
- monofat 4.6 g
- polyfat 4.2 g
- protein 32 g
- carbohydrate 45.9 g
- fiber 11.3 g
- cholesterol 55 mg
- iron 3.7 mg
- sodium 822 mg
- calcium 179 mg
How to Make It
Cook seasoning in a large saucepan over medium heat 2 minutes or until toasted, stirring frequently. Combine fajita seasoning, corn, 1 tablespoon juice, and cilantro in a medium serving bowl.
Combine onion and next 3 ingredients in a medium serving bowl. Combine avocado and remaining 2 teaspoons juice in a small serving bowl, tossing gently to coat. Combine dressing and chipotle in a small serving bowl.
Place lettuce in a large serving bowl. Place chicken in a medium serving bowl. Place cheese, chips, mango, green onions, and radishes in individual serving bowls. Arrange bowls buffet-style, beginning with lettuce and ending with dressing. For each serving: 1 1/2 cups lettuce, 3/4 cup bean mixture, 1/4 cup corn mixture, about 1/3 cup chicken, 3 tablespoons chips, 3 tablespoons cheese, 2 tablespoons mango, 2 tablespoons onions, 1 tablespoon radishes, 1 tablespoon avocado, and 1 1/2 tablespoons dressing.
For baby: To prepare Southwestern Chicken Dinner for baby, place 1/4 cup chopped cooked chicken, 1/4 cup cubed peeled avocado, 1/4 cup chopped peeled mango, and 1 tablespoon water in a food processor; process until desired consistency. Yield: about 1/2 cup.
For baby: To prepare Southwestern Bean Mash for baby, place 1/4 cup drained canned black beans, 1/4 cup cubed peeled avocado, 1/4 cup chopped peeled mango, and 1 tablespoon water in a food processor. Process until desired consistency. Yield: about 1/2 cup.
Kitchen Tip Baby's version can be served as small finger foods instead of processed once he's ready for it.