Southwestern Roasted Green Beans
This dish comes from Barnie Barnick, Colorado Springs.
Yield: Makes 8 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 97
- Calories from fat: 59%
- Protein: 3.7g
- Fat: 6.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Carbohydrate: 9.8g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Sodium: 22mg
- Cholesterol: 3.9mg
- 2 1/2 pounds green beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup pine nuts or slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- About 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1. Rinse and drain beans; trim and discard stem ends. In each of two 12- by 17-inch baking pans, mix half the beans with half the oil; spread level.
- 2. Bake in a 450° regular or convection oven until beans are slightly browned and tender when pierced, 15 to 25 minutes; switch pan positions halfway through baking.
- 3. Stir half the nuts and butter into beans in each pan; continue baking until nuts are golden, 5 to 6 minutes longer. Pour into a bowl, add 1/4 teaspoon cayenne, and mix well. Taste and add more cayenne and salt if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Southwestern Roasted Green Beans Recipe at a Glance