Tasty and very, very filling. I used pepper jack cheese since we like things spicy. Great with chips and salsa on the side!
Southwestern Roast Beef Wraps
Refried beans help hold ingredients in place. For a variation, thinly sliced turkey also works well in these portable sandwiches.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 364
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 3.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 23.6g
- Carbohydrate: 41.9g
- Fiber: 6.9g
- Cholesterol: 36mg
- Iron: 3.6mg
- Sodium: 680mg
- Calcium: 123mg
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (16-ounce) can reduced-fat refried beans
- 1 (11.2-ounce) package light stone-ground whole-wheat wraps
- 9 ounces lean deli roast beef
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. Combine first 6 ingredients in a bowl, stirring with a spoon. Add corn and cilantro; toss until coated.
- 2. Spread refried beans on 1 side of each wrap. Top wraps evenly with beef. Spoon corn mixture evenly over beef, and sprinkle evenly with cheese. Roll up wraps, and wrap in foil or wax paper. Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
- Young Chefs can:
- Top tortillas with roast beef
- Measure and sprinkle cheese
- Older Chefs can:
- Stir together first eight ingredients
- Spread beans over wraps
- Spoon corn mixture in tortillas
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This