This was great! I made it for a Mother's day brunch for my in-laws and it was a hit. I ony used one crust instead of the two in the recipe. The only change I'd make for next time is to add a little salt, and to use a spicer picante sauce. Or just put in chopped tomatoes, cilantro, and chopped jalepenos instead of the picante sauce.
- 1 (15-ounce) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 5 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup picante sauce or Salsa Picante
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup ripe olives, chopped
- Unfold and stack 2 piecrusts; gently roll or press piecrusts together. Fit piecrusts into a 9-inch pieplate according to package directions; fold edges under, and crimp. Line pie shell with aluminum foil; fill with pie weights or dried beans.
- Bake on lowest oven rack at 425° for 15 minutes. Remove weights and foil; cool.
- Sauté mushrooms in hot oil over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until golden brown and liquid is absorbed. Set aside.
- Combine cheeses; set aside.
- Stir together eggs and next 3 ingredients in a bowl; add mushrooms, bell pepper, and olives.
- Pour half of egg mixture into prepared crust. Sprinkle evenly with two-thirds cheese mixture. Top with remaining egg mixture; sprinkle with remaining cheese mixture.
- Bake at 375° for 40 to 45 minutes or until set, shielding edges with aluminum foil to prevent excessive browning. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note