I make this recipe regularly Yesterday I added lime zest of 1/2 a lime plus the juice of 2 limes. (left over from making Key Lime Pie). My family declared it the best ever and exceptionally good. The consensus was to add the zest every time.
Southwestern Potato Salad
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Melanie J. Clarke
Those whose preferences lean toward the spicy will love this salad. Adjust the heat by increasing or decreasing the amount of jalapeño and chipotle chile.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: about 1 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 209
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 5.8g
- Saturated fat: 0.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Protein: 5.1g
- Carbohydrate: 37.9g
- Fiber: 5.7g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 2.3mg
- Sodium: 413mg
- Calcium: 33mg
- 1 (7-ounce) can chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 2 pounds small red potatoes
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups fresh corn kernels (about 3 ears)
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Remove 1 chipotle chile from can. Chop chile to measure 2 teaspoons. Reserve remaining chiles and adobo sauce for another use.
- Place potatoes in a saucepan, and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes or until tender. Drain; cool. Cut potatoes into 1/4-inch cubes. Place potatoes in a large bowl.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add corn; sauté 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Add corn, celery, and next 5 ingredients (celery through jalapeño) to potatoes; toss gently.
- Combine 2 teaspoons chopped chipotle chile, lime juice, oil, salt, and black pepper, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle the lime juice mixture over potato mixture, and toss gently. Cover and chill 1 to 24 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This