- Salt and pepper
- 12 ounces gemelli or other short pasta
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 15-oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen or fresh corn
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Chopped cilantro, optional
- Shredded Cheddar, optional
- calories 476
- fat 8 g
- satfat 2 g
- protein 21 g
- carbohydrate 85 g
- fiber 10 g
- cholesterol 15 mg
- sodium 1003 mg
How to Make It
Bring a pot of salted water to boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente, 10 minutes or as package label directs. Drain.
Meanwhile, cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often, until crisp, about 8 minutes. Drain off all but 2 Tbsp. fat in skillet, add garlic and chili powder and stir for 30 seconds. Add broth, beans, corn and tomatoes, bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 3 minutes.
Add pasta to skillet, tossing to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro and shredded Cheddar, if desired, and serve with lime wedges on the side.