- 1/2 cup finely crushed whole grain tortilla chips
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup plus 1 Tbsp. bottled chipotle salsa, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 3/4 pounds ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 large eggs
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°. Stir together crushed tortilla chips, ground cumin, garlic powder, freshly ground black pepper, 1 cup chipotle salsa, and 3/4 tsp. kosher salt in a large bowl; let stand 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Gently stir in ground beef and next 2 ingredients just until blended. Line a broiler pan with aluminum foil; coat with cooking spray. Gently shape mixture into a 9- x 5-inch loaf; place meatloaf in prepared broiler pan.
Bake at 350° for 50 minutes. Stir together ketchup, lime juice, and remaining 1 Tbsp. salsa and 1/4 tsp. salt in a small bowl. Brush ketchup mixture over top of meatloaf; bake 15 to 20 more minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 160°. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Note: We tested with Frontera Gourmet Mexican Chipotle Salsa and Tostitos Multigrain Scoops tortilla chips.