Southwestern Meat Loaf
Photo: Ryan Benyi; Styling: Lynn Miller
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 327
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Protein: 28g
- Carbohydrate: 18g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 104mg
- Sodium: 644mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 pounds ground beef (90 percent lean)
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup plain yogurt (not nonfat)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons ketchup, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 375ºF. Line a baking sheet with heavy-duty foil.
- 2. Warm oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in corn; sauté 2 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl to let cool slightly.
- 3. Add beef, bread crumbs, egg, yogurt, cilantro, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper to bowl. Mix gently until well combined; do not overmix. Transfer to baking sheet and shape into a 12-by-4-inch loaf.
- 4. Bake until an instant-read thermometer inserted into center registers 160ºF, about 1 hour. Spread with ketchup, if desired, and let stand 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes