- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 pounds ground beef (90 percent lean)
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup plain yogurt (not nonfat)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons ketchup, optional
- calories 327
- fat 16 g
- satfat 6 g
- protein 28 g
- carbohydrate 18 g
- fiber 2 g
- cholesterol 104 mg
- sodium 644 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375ºF. Line a baking sheet with heavy-duty foil.
Warm oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in corn; sauté 2 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl to let cool slightly.
Add beef, bread crumbs, egg, yogurt, cilantro, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper to bowl. Mix gently until well combined; do not overmix. Transfer to baking sheet and shape into a 12-by-4-inch loaf.
Bake until an instant-read thermometer inserted into center registers 160ºF, about 1 hour. Spread with ketchup, if desired, and let stand 10 minutes before slicing and serving.