Southwestern Hot Browns
- 4 large thick cornbread squares
- 1 pound roasted turkey slices
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chiles
- Cheese Sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 8 bacon slices, cooked
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced and halved
- Place cornbread on baking sheet, and broil 3 inches from heat until toasted, turning once.
- Arrance 2 halves cornbread in each of 4 lightly greased individual baking dishes. Top cornbread evenly with green chiles over turkey before adding Cheese Sauce. Sprinkle shredded sharp Cheddar cheese evenly over sauce.
- Broil 6 inches from heat 4 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned; remove from oven. Top evenly with bacon and tomato. Serve immediately.
- Note: A lightly greased 15- x 10-inch jellyroll pan may be substituted for individal baking dises. Arrange cornbread halves evenly in bottom of pan. Top evenly with green chiles over turkey before adding Cheese Sauce; sprinkle shredded sharp Cheddar cheese. Proceed with recipe as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch