The ingredients are the same as those in huevos rancheros, but we've combined them in a new way to create a hearty frittata.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 124
- Fat: 3.2g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 10g
- Carbohydrate: 18.3g
- Cholesterol: 43mg
- Iron: 0.8mg
- Sodium: 525mg
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Fiber: 4.2g
- Calcium: 154mg
- Cooking spray
- 4 (5-inch) corn tortillas, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) 50% reduced-fat shredded Cheddar cheese with jalapeño peppers (such as Cabot)
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 6 tablespoons salsa
- 6 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Heat a 10-inch ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray; add tortilla pieces, and sauté 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in black beans, chiles, and garlic. Cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated.
- Combine egg whites, egg, salt, and black pepper, stirring with a whisk; pour over tortilla mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 400° for 13 minutes or just until set. Sprinkle with cilantro. Cut into 6 wedges. Serve with salsa and sour cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note