This was an excellent twist on Alfredo. My fiance and I opted to not add any chicken, and discovered that it was so flavorful and filling that we didn't even need it!
Southwestern Fettuccine Alfredo
More From Southern Living
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (about 2 ears)
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chiles
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat; add corn, and sauté 6 minutes or until tender. Stir in chiles, jalapeño pepper, and garlic; sauté 1 minute. Stir in Parmesan cheese and next 3 ingredients. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring often, until thoroughly heated. Stir in pasta. Sprinkle evenly with cilantro, and serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This