Good but my husband does not like spicy stuff so next time I may use regular tomatoes instead of with the green chilis. Overall I would probably make it again!
Southwestern Egg Casserole
This dish is great for brunch or Sunday night supper. It's spicy--for a milder flavor, choose plain Monterey Jack cheese.
More From Oxmoor House
- 1 pound mild ground pork sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 (10-oz.) cans diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 8 (10
- 3 cups (12 oz.) shredded Monterey Jack cheese with peppers or Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until it crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain and return to skillet. Add chopped onion and bell pepper to sausage; sauté over medium heat 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in tomatoes and green chiles; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Layer half each of tortilla pieces, sausage mixture, and cheese in a lightly greased 13" x 9" baking dish. Repeat layers.
- Whisk together eggs and next 3 ingredients; pour over layers in dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned and set in center. Sprinkle with cilantro before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note