- 1 pound mild ground pork sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 (10-oz.) cans diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 8 (10
- 3 cups (12 oz.) shredded Monterey Jack cheese with peppers or Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
How to Make It
Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until it crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain and return to skillet. Add chopped onion and bell pepper to sausage; sauté over medium heat 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in tomatoes and green chiles; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
Layer half each of tortilla pieces, sausage mixture, and cheese in a lightly greased 13" x 9" baking dish. Repeat layers.
Whisk together eggs and next 3 ingredients; pour over layers in dish.
Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned and set in center. Sprinkle with cilantro before serving.