Southwestern Cornbread Dressing Cakes
- 1 recipe Cornbread, crumbled
- 1 cup soft white breadcrumbs
- 4 ears fresh corn
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 medium-size sweet onions, diced
- 2 (4.5-ounce) cans chopped green chiles, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons seasoned pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper (optional)
- 4 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Garnish: fresh cilantro sprigs
- Combine crumbled cornbread and breadcrumbs in a large bowl, and set aside.
- Cut corn kernels from cob.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add diced onion, and sauté for 5 minutes or until tender. Add corn, and sauté 5 minutes.
- Stir together onion mixture, cornbread mixture, green chiles, next 5 ingredients, and if desired, red pepper. Shape mixture into 20 (3-inch) patties. Chill, if desired.
- Cook one-third of patties in 1 1/2 tablespoons hot oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until patties are golden brown, turning gently once. Repeat procedure twice with remaining patties and oil. Serve immediately, or remove to a wire rack to cool. Cover and chill 8 hours, if desired. To reheat, bake in a single layer on a baking sheet at 400° for 8 to 10 minutes. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables