- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
- 3/4 cup chopped red bell pepper (about 1 medium)
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions, divided
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (5-ounce) can fat-free evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Freshly ground black pepper
- calories 184
- fat 3.4 g
- satfat 1.7 g
- protein 10.7 g
- carbohydrate 30.6 g
- fiber 3.7 g
- cholesterol 11 mg
- iron 1.2 mg
- sodium 699 mg
- calcium 248 mg
How to Make It
Cook corn, bell pepper, and 1/2 cup chopped green onions in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat 2 minutes. Add chicken broth and evaporated milk. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Puree 1 cup of corn mixture in an electric blender until smooth; return mixture to Dutch oven. Stir in cheese, salt, and ground red pepper.
To serve, ladle 1 1/4 cups soup into each of 4 individual serving bowls. Sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon green onions and black pepper.