Southwestern Corn Pudding
More From Southern Living
Bake: 30 Minutes
Stand: 5 Minutes
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 6 cups fresh corn kernels (about 12 ears)*
- 1 (4.5-oz.) can chopped green chiles
- 1. Combine first 5 ingredients.
- 2. Whisk together eggs, whipping cream, and butter in a large bowl. Gradually add sugar mixture, whisking until smooth; stir in corn and green chiles. Pour mixture into 8 lightly greased 8-oz. custard cups.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until pudding is set and deep golden. Let stand 5 minutes.
- *6 cups frozen whole kernel corn or canned shoepeg corn, drained, may be substituted.
- Note: You may substitute 1 (13- x 9-inch) baking dish for ramekins. Bake at 350° for 40 to 45 minutes or until set. Let stand 5 minutes. For testing purposes only, we used 'Silver Queen' corn.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables