I thought these were a little dry. I might add some sour cream if I cook them again. They were a great side to White Bean and Collard soup.
Southwestern Chile-Cheese Corn Muffins
Heating the pan beforehand results in a nice crispy bottom.
More From Southern Living
Total: 52 Minutes
- 2 cups self-rising white cornmeal mix
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- 1 (4.5-oz.) can chopped green chiles, drained
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°.
- 2. Heat a 12-cup muffin pan in oven 5 minutes.
- 3. Combine cornmeal mix and sugar in a medium bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- 4. Stir together buttermilk and egg; add to cornmeal mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in melted butter, cheese, and chopped green chiles. Remove pan from oven, and coat with cooking spray. Spoon batter into hot muffin pan, filling almost completely full.
- 5. Bake at 425° for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden. Remove from pan to a wire rack, and let cool 10 minutes.
We tested with White Lily White Cornmeal Mix.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note