This soup was great! And it was so easy, too. Halved the recipe but still used one can of beans. I also subbed normal salsa for the green. It was great; next time I might add a bit more seasoning for more spice.
Southwestern Chicken and White Bean Soup
We really like the extra zing of flavor from the fresh cilantro. It adds a nice burst of color to the dish as well. Simply toss some of the distinctive herb on top of the soup just before serving.
Prep: 2 minutes; Cook: 13 minutes
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 134
- Calories from fat: 19%
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 18g
- Carbohydrate: 8.5g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Iron: 1.1mg
- Sodium: 623mg
- Calcium: 22mg
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon 40%-less-sodium taco seasoning (such as Old El Paso)
- Cooking spray
- 2 (14-ounce) cans fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (16-ounce) can cannellini beans or other white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup green salsa
- Light sour cream (optional)
- Chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1. Combine chicken and taco seasoning; toss well to coat. Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken; sauté 2 minutes or until chicken is lightly browned. Add broth, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
- 2. Place beans in a small bowl; mash until only a few whole beans remain. Add beans and salsa to pan, stirring well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes or until slightly thick. Serve with sour cream and cilantro, if desired.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note