Southwestern Chicken Stew
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 pound(s) chicken thighs
- 2 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 teaspoon(s) smoked paprika
- 1 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup(s) salsa
- 2 teaspoon(s) minced garlic
- 6 med Sweet potatoes peeled; cut chunks
- 2 can(s) black beans rinsed, drained
- 1/2 jar(s) roasted red bell peppers cut in strips
- 1/2 cup(s) chopped cilantro
- 2 cup(s) rice
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with 1 tsp. cumin, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/8 t pepper. In a skillet, brown chicken in oil for about 10 minutes.
- 2. Remove chicken to a platter. In a small bowl, stir together paprika, broth, salsa, garlic, 1 t cumin, 1/2 t salt and 1/8 t pepper.
- 3. Line a larger slow cooker with sweet potatoes. Place chicken on top of potateoes, Cover wth beans and top with broth mixture. Cover and cook for 4 hours (PROBABLY LESS) on high or 8 hours (PROBABLY FAR LESS) on low.
- 4. Stir in bell peppers. Place chicken on platter and spoon potatoes and sauce over it. Sprinkle with cilantro.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by colbob and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note