- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into about 3/4-inch chunks
- 1/2 pound thin-skinned potatoes, diced
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz.) stewed Mexican-style tomatoes
- 1 can (15 oz.) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (8 3/4 oz.) corn kernels, drained
- 1 can (4 oz.) diced green chilies
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 unbaked refrigerated pie crust (1/2 of a 15-oz. package), at room temperature
- calories 384
- caloriesfromfat 28 %
- protein 25 g
- fat 12 g
- satfat 4.4 g
- carbohydrate 45 g
- fiber 4.3 g
- sodium 801 mg
- cholesterol 55 mg
How to Make It
In a 10- to 12-inch nonstick frying pan over high heat, combine 1/2 cup broth, chicken, and potatoes. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink when cut in thickest portion and potatoes are just barely tender when pierced, about 5 minutes.
Stir together remaining broth and cornstarch.
When chicken is done, stir in cornstarch mixture and bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Stir in tomatoes with juice, black beans, corn, chilies, and cilantro. Pour into a 10-inch pie dish, 9-inch square pan, or 1 1/2-quart baking dish.
Unfold 1 pastry round according to package directions. On a lightly floured board, roll into a 12-inch round for pie dish, or 1 inch larger than dish of another shape. Place over filling; fold edges under and flush with pan rim, and flute firmly against rim. Cut shapes from crust and decorate top, or make a couple of decorative slits in crust.
Bake pie in a 350° oven until filling is hot in center, about 1 hour. Lay foil over crust if it begins to overbrown. Let pie cool about 10 minutes, then spoon from dish.