Really good! I served them with a chipotle ranch dressing instead of the sauce, black beans & the corn/ tomato recipe. Family loved it!
Southwestern Chicken-Corn Cakes
EASY ENTRÉES Finalist. AMERICAN DAIRY ASSOCIATION Brand Winner. To make this recipe even more healthful, substitute light or reduced-fat mayonnaise in the cakes, and coat the skillet with cooking spray instead of olive oil.
More From Southern Living
Fry: 8 Minutes
- 1 (11-ounce) can Mexican-style corn, drained
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 cup fine, dry breadcrumbs, divided
- 2 large eggs, divided
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1/3 cup jarred roasted red bell peppers, drained and chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup HELLMANN'S or BEST FOODS Real Mayonnaise
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons salt-free herb-and-spice seasoning
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Romaine lettuce leaves
- Tomato, Basil, and Corn Relish
- Yogurt Sauce
- 1. Remove 1/4 cup corn, and place in a large bowl, reserving remaining corn in can for Tomato, Basil, and Corn Relish. Remove 1 teaspoon chiles, and place in bowl with corn, reserving remaining chiles in can for Tomato, Basil, and Corn Relish. Add 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, 1 egg, chicken, and next 7 ingredients to corn and chiles in bowl. Combine chicken mixture until well blended; shape mixture into 8 patties.
- 2. Beat remaining egg in a small bowl. Dip chicken patties in egg, and dredge in remaining 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, shaking to remove any excess.
- 3. Fry patties in hot olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Arrange patties on lettuce; top with Tomato, Basil, and Corn Relish, and drizzle with Yogurt Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note