Southwestern Chicken-And-Corn Cakes With Avocado Cream
To make ahead, cook corn cakes, and let cool. Freeze up to 1 month. Remove from freezer, and place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 mnutes.
Yield: 5 main dish servings or 10 appetizer servings
- 1 (12-ounce) package STOUFFER'S Corn Soufflé
- 3 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chiles
- 1 (7-ounce) jar roasted red bell peppers, drained and chopped
- 7 green onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups fine, dry breadcrumbs, divided
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 (6-ounce) package frozen avocado dip, thawed
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Garnishes: chile peppers, fresh cilantro sprigs
- Thaw corn soufflé in microwave at MEDIUM (50% power) 6 to 7 minutes.
- Combine corn soufflé and next 7 ingredients in a large bowl; stir in 1/2 cup breadcrumbs. Cover and chill 1 hour or overnight.
- Combine sour cream and avocado dip; set mixture aside.
- Shape corn mixture into 10 patties, and coat with remaining 1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs.
- Cook half of corn cakes in 2 tablespoons hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until cakes are golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Repeat procedure with remaining oil and cakes. Serve with avocado cream. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers