- 1 (12-ounce) package STOUFFER'S Corn Soufflé
- 3 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chiles
- 1 (7-ounce) jar roasted red bell peppers, drained and chopped
- 7 green onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups fine, dry breadcrumbs, divided
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 (6-ounce) package frozen avocado dip, thawed
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Garnishes: chile peppers, fresh cilantro sprigs
How to Make It
Thaw corn soufflé in microwave at MEDIUM (50% power) 6 to 7 minutes.
Combine corn soufflé and next 7 ingredients in a large bowl; stir in 1/2 cup breadcrumbs. Cover and chill 1 hour or overnight.
Combine sour cream and avocado dip; set mixture aside.
Shape corn mixture into 10 patties, and coat with remaining 1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs.
Cook half of corn cakes in 2 tablespoons hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until cakes are golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Repeat procedure with remaining oil and cakes. Serve with avocado cream. Garnish, if desired.