This is a great appetizer! I wish there was a picture so you could see how attractive it is.
Southwestern Cheese Appetizer
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 (7.5-ounce) jar roasted sweet red peppers, drained and diced
- 3 green onions, minced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) block sharp Cheddar cheese, chilled
- 1 (8-ounce) block Monterey Jack cheese with peppers, chilled
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, chilled
- Whisk together first 3 ingredients until mixture is blended; stir in diced red peppers and next 6 ingredients. Set marinade aside.
- Cut block of Cheddar cheese in half lengthwise. Cut halves crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Repeat procedure with Monterey Jack cheese and cream cheese.
- Arrange cheese slices alternately in a shallow baking dish, standing slices on edge. Pour marinade over cheeses. Cover and chill at least 8 hours. Transfer cheese to a serving plate, and spoon remaining marinade over top. Serve with assorted crackers.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Southwestern Cheese Appetizer Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This