Southwestern Cabbage Rolls
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
- 16 large cabbage leaves
- 4 skinned and boned chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1 (10 1/2-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (11-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (11.5-ounce) jar medium garden salsa
- Bring cabbage leaves and water to cover to a boil in a medium saucepan; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until tender; drain and set aside.
- Sauté cubed chicken and next 4 ingredients in hot oil in a large skillet 7 to 8 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove from heat. Stir in 1 cup cheese, soup, and next 6 ingredients.
- Spoon chicken mixture evenly down center of cabbage leaves. Fold opposite sides over filling; roll up, beginning at an open end. Place, seam side down, in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Bake, covered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Stir together tomato sauce and salsa; spoon over cabbage rolls. Top with remaining 1 cup cheese, and bake, uncovered, 8 to 10 more minutes or until cheese melts.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes